Instructions and FAQs
Rhonda quilts on a Gammill with Statler. I do edge-to-edge quilting and currently am not taking in any new custom quilting.
Please review the instructions below for instructions on preparing your quilt top and backing, choosing a design, batting choices and where to mail you quilt. Quilt top:
- Press seams well.
- Check for any unsewn seams in your quilt top.
- Clip threads -- especially dark threads – that tend to show through to the front of your quilt.
- If you do not have a border on your quilt, please sew around the outside of all edges about 1/8”. This will keep the seams from pulling apart when loaded on the long arm and will not show when you add binding to your quilt.
- If your quilt has a top or bottom, please mark it with a note attached with a safety pin so I can load it correctly.
Choose your design:
- Backing must be larger than your quilt top. Please make sure your backing fabric is at least 6” to 8” larger than your quilt top (3-4” on all sides). For example, if your quilt top measures 54” x 64”, your backing fabric needs to measure at least 60” x 70”. If you are having me quilt on minky, I would prefer that the backing measures at least 4" larger than the quilt top on each side.
- Press your backing well, check to make sure all seams are secure.
- If you have a pieced back, indicate which is the top by attaching a note with a safety pin
- NOTE: If you buy your backing fabric from me, please let me know. I can hold it and will piece your back at no additional charge.
Include which design(s) you would like quilted on your quilt(s) by viewing the available designs in my Gallery. If you have a question about pricing, let me know. Prices per square inch are included on designs.
To estimate your price, do the following:
Measure the width and height of your quilt. This will give you the square inches. Times that by the price per square inch for the quilting design. This will give you the price to have your top quilted. (This price does not include batting). I do not charge for thread or needles, simply by square inch.
Example: Quilt measures 54” x 64” = 3,456 square inches x .0150 psi = $51.84Batting:
I have batting in my shop if you don’t want to mail it. I offer the following:
- Warm and White
- Warm and Natural
- 80/20 Heirloom Blend (Natural and White)
- 6 oz. Bamboo
- 100% Bamboo
- 50/50 Bamboo-Cotton
Mail quilts to Olie & Evie, LLC, 448 North 3300 East, Lewisville, Idaho 83431. Please include your return address, email address, phone number and Instagram account name so I can tag you should I post pictures (or let me know if you do not grant permission for pictures to be posted). I recommend your quilt tops and backing be wrapped in plastic to protect them in transit.Binding:
As of 2022 we are starting to do machine binding for customers upon request. This is done by a shop employee and she is currently charging a rate of .012 per inch. Custom Quilting:
I am not accepting any new quilts for custom quilting at this time.
Custom quilting charges start at .03 cents per square inch and go up. If you are a new customer, please contact me prior to sending a quilt as limited space is available.